Adventures of Jayesh Bhaware Part:1


 

Adventures of Jayesh Bhaware Part: 1



  As promised, here I am with the story of my one of my early adventures. I doubt if anyone of you is going to believe me, but let me tell you one thing, ‘All the stories you are going to hear are nothing but real’.


  It was only the second semester of my engineering. I was sitting in my room listening to some pop songs and completing an assignment that was due 3 days ago. It was 1 in the morning & I was the only soul awake in my house. I was getting bored, I threw the file away and said, ‘Holy Merlin! Why have you given me such a boring life!’


  And the moment I said that, the lights in my room began to flicker. When I looked around, I saw a shadow pass by my window. Now, my room is on the first floor. So, it is impossible for someone to walk by, except for the Gentle Giants that I once encountered in Romania. And I was sure that it can’t be them. They had promised me to always stay in Romania & to never ever invade any foreign land.  ‘Who can it be?’ I wondered.


  Lights in my room suddenly stopped flickering. And after only a moment, they all went out together.  Normally, a guy in my situation would’ve gotten pretty scared. But not me. I stood up, went to the window, opened it up and commanded, ‘In the name of the Merlin & the council of seven, I demand thee to reveal thyself.’


  There was no reply. Now, all the masters & keepers of sorcery & reality across the world know better than messing up with Jayesh Bhaware aka Masked Lord. But this was something else, and I had a feeling I was dealing with forces far beyond my capabilities.

  
  I waited for a response and after a few moments, I did receive one. The air before me began to swirl and a bluish light started coming out of it. I knew exactly what it was, a portal. A door to another place on earth or sometimes to even another world. Though my conscience was telling me not to, I jumped straight into it. Just a few tips for you all. First, you should never enter a portal if you aren’t aware of the place it leads to. I did it once, and the next thing I knew, I was falling down through mouth of a live volcano. That’s a story for some another time. And second, if you are ever going to travel by a portal, do remember to keep your eyes shut & to cover your ears. Because once inside, you are going to be exposed to some serious cosmic lights, and the less amount of pressure inside can cause your ears bleed.


  When I finally touched the ground, I couldn’t really see anything. There was a dense fog everywhere. But I recognised the person standing in front of me, I had seen his statues everywhere. Long white hair & beard, white robes, a wooden staff in his hands, a gentle but powerful smile on his face. It was ‘Merlin’ himself! But I couldn’t understand it, it had been thousands of years since he was last seen on earth. (P.S. If you don’t know him, pick up your goddamn mobile & google Merlin). Before I could utter a single word or ask him for an autograph, he said, ‘Hold your emotions son. I am merely an image. This is just a spell I had cast during the time when I was alive & well.’ I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was him. The first and the only person known in the history of mankind to have discovered the true powers of magic.


 ‘This magic shall fade in some moments, son. The time is less, and we have greater things to do. We better get started’ He lifted his staff, waved it while muttering some spell. And the next thing I knew, I was standing in a pond with water at the level of my waist. And in front of me, there was a sword half buried deep into a stone.

  
‘Is that…?’ ‘Excalibur. Yes, the legendary sword of king Arthur.’ Marlin said, his eyes proudly shining. ‘You know what to do Jayesh.’ He said.


 ‘But why me?’ I asked in disbelief. 
‘Something inside me tells me that you are the one. I don’t know if Excalibur will find you worthy. But I hope it accepts you as its bearer, or else I fear no one can save this world.’ I could see that he was worried and that scared me.


 ‘Don’t waste time now. Go ahead!’


 I knew the prophecy, only the worthy shall be able to draw the sword from the stone. I was scared, but I had seen Merlin’s eyes and I knew something dark was coming up. And if I wanted to save the world, I had to be ready for it. I went close, grabbed the hilt of the sword, looked at Merlin, and within a single thrust, pulled it up. And just as I did, Merlin began to scramble to dust and I was pulled out of that place. The last words I heard from Merlin were, ‘It has chosen you. And it has chosen well. Guard the realm of men with all your might. Face the darkness & protect the light.’

Before I knew, I was back in my room, the lights in my room were on and everything was back to normal. Except for one fact, there was a sword in my hand, with spells carved upon its blade. 

-Jayesh Bhaware 
Masked Lord

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts