Movie Review- Into the wild



Movie review- Into the wild
Review which is not actually a review.

  A special friend recommended me this movie. A friend who has motivated me a lot, has helped me to believe in myself and told me that universe is beautiful and it listens to you.

  This is about how I felt when I was watching this movie and how I feel afterwards. If you watch this movie, I assure you, that you won’t regret spending 148 minutes of your life sitting in front of tv. Watching this movie might even change your views about your life and will make you want to actually ‘live your life’, like it did to me.

  I am an engineering student and I truly hate - just like thousands or millions of other students - how my life is going on sometimes (or maybe should I say most of the times). This movie is for those who are freethinkers, those who want more from their life, wish to do something different and want to live their life as an adventure.

   I strongly recommend this movie to the people, who like living a sedentary lifestyle, people who just want to get a degree, find a job, get married to a nice girl or boy (or just wait for their parents to find a nice partner for them (or just a partner, cut the nice)) have children, get old, retire and live happily ever, after with their pension. If you are like this you need this movie.



  There comes a time when going into the nature, swimming in a lake full of cold water, living amidst the trees, climbing a mountain. And looking below at rest of the world from the top of it, fascinates us more than all the luxury of the world. Just like many of us, Christopher McCandless, a 22 years old youngster who has freshly graduated (with good grades) from college, decides to leave all the ties behind and go into the wild. He donates all his savings to charity and starts his Voyage. His car is found abandoned in the desert and his parents- who are the reason for many of his and his sister’s bad memories- start worrying about his whereabouts. Chris is more attached to his sister, who we hear narrating throughout the movie, which helps us in understanding Chris’s personality even more. Chris wishes to go to Alaska, away from the society in which (in his views), “Every f*****g person is so bad to another person so f******g often.” One thing I love about this movie is that the connection we feel with the main character Chris. At least once in our life we all have wanted to forget everything, break all the ties and do what we want to- without caring about what people think of us.


  Chris’s journey fascinates me. He traveled on foot, sometimes asked for the lift, and even paddled down the river. Sometimes he climbed rocks, walked amidst the trees, dived into the water. In his journey he met many amazing people. One of which is a beautiful couple Rainey and Jan. Alex is a magician for me. He saves the marriage of Jan and Rainey. Later in the movie, we see them together, still full of love (even at this age).

  There is a weird couple that we get to see in this movie. I will not tell you much about them (because I want you to actually watch this movie and see that for yourself). But I will tell you a dialogue that I really liked from this scene. Chris is eating the hotdog the couple offered him, and they are telling Chris about their recent travels and the girl says, “Universe is so good.”  They all three join in and the boy after a long laugh and smiling, says, “She is little stupid but I like her.” I guess that’s how the love works. I loved the way they both are travelling together, look at each other and are living their life happily.

  There also is one more character Ron Franz, whose views towards 'the life' are changed by Alex Supertramp.  Ron is so touched by Alex that he even asks if he could adopt him. Sorry, forgot to tell you. Alexander Supertramp is the name that Chris gives to himself, throughout the movie we see Chris go with the name ‘Alex’.


  And yes, finally Chris makes it to Alaska and there he hunts. He makes a van his house.
While watching movie, I didn’t feel as if Alex was any different than me. Unlike other movies, where the main character is different than us, better than us…. here, we feel as if Alex is a part of us. He reminds us of ourselves, or of at least a person that we know.

After I finished watching 'into the wild' the only thing I wanted to do was to pack my bag and go outside and live out my dream.

  Into the wild is the movie which you can enjoy every time you see. This is the movie, which has powers to change the lives. So, if you haven’t watched this movie yet, I highly recommend you to watch it.
And down below is the original photo of Christopher and yes, this movie is an autobiography.



                 -Jayesh Bhaware
(Masked lord)  

I would love to hear your views in the comment section.

Comments

Popular Posts